knicq
Wednesday, September 22, 2004
  Work Woes!
It takes a nut to do this, and by setting new standards in the procrastination phenomenon I have proven myself one of the highest calibre.

Its the 22nd today, almost 4 in the morning, and I am sitting here wondering if I should start work on this file worth 3 Million worth of contribution to my target of 12 Million, and it is 17 DAYS PAST THE FIRST DEADLINE!!!

Of course, there have been other deadlines; two per week since the first one elapsed, but the procrastinator in me refuses to make room for the possibility that it just might be the time to get started on this file. This beats all my past records - especially when considered in terms of its monetary repercussions - for someone. Feels great to be able to (not) call the shots on matters of such high monetary value.

The boss has actually tried everything from co-ercion to cajoling (of late) to get me started on this, and of course I have never failed to give him the standard procrastinator reply to all his queries - "I am working on it". The truth of the matter is, I have not at all worked on the file. I sit here at this late hour of the night, or early hour of the morning, however you wish to put it, in the vain hope that I might just get started - I do know for a fact that once I do get started it will only be a matter of hours before the whole thing is done with... but starting on this is something I have managed to shun brilliantly so far... this blog entry being the latest testimony to that brilliance.

Why so, one might be excused to ask. Well, it is plain and simple. I do not feel like doing it!!!

Must I do it then?

... One might be tempted to resort to the tested formula that one must do what one must do, which may also be stated as "One need not do, what one need not do". The question here is thus simpler... Need I do it?

Well, I do not ... I should, but I need not. They should let me go when I want to, but they do not, because they need not. Fair enough?

Unprofessional, you might say. But hey, whoever staked a claim to being one? No-one in this outfit.
 




<< Home
A little brooding here, a bit of pondering there, helpings of humour, sprinklings of tears, now celebrating, now lamenting, all done under the watchful eyes of Hope, all endured in the hope of staying human.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Irritating and proud of it.

Archives
2004-06 / 2004-07 / 2004-08 / 2004-09 / 2004-10 / 2004-11 / 2004-12 / 2005-01 / 2005-02 / 2005-03 / 2005-04 / 2005-05 / 2005-06 / 2005-07 / 2005-08 / 2006-01 / 2006-04 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]