knicq
Friday, October 22, 2004
  A Family Destroyed.
Osman called from Qatar a while ago with terrible news. Badar has been murdered by that shady guy he was hanging out with lately. His mutilated body was found this morning after he went missing a week ago. He leaves behind a wife, and an adorable little daughter.

I am not sure what exactly is it that is going through my head. I am not sure I have recovered from the shock just yet. Death is always sad, and at such young age - Badar was a semester junior to me in MBA, it is tragic. Violent death like this of someone, you have known for some time, is .... I do not have a word.

My mind is flooded by the images of what he must have had to endure before finally he was rescued by death. Osman said his skull was fractured, legs broken, and throat slit. I shudder to think of the pain he was put through. He was not a very well-built young man. Actually, he was very thin, almost fragile. It is not as if his murderer, Ejaz, had to face much struggle from him. This guy was heavily built and brawny. I had met them a few months ago at McDonalds. Ejaz was carrying Badar's daughter in his arms. Didn't he even think of her when he took her father away from her?

Why the torture?

They were friends.

Why?

Badar and his wife were both in the 18th batch, and we would often remark at how the two petite people formed a nice couple. He was a lively guy. I did not always agree with his sense of humour, but he was a live wire. He elicited laughs wherever he was, and would almost always take centre stage in social gatherings. He was the youngest in his own household, and took liberties no-one else in his family could. And now he is no more.

We, human beings, are such savage animals. We are the only animals who kill knowing full well how one death will destroy a whole household. Yet, we kill.

I am sorry for rambling on like this. Please remember Badar in your prayers, and pray for his family and for his forgiveness in the life hereafter.

Ejaz has been apprehended, and has confessed to his crime. I can think of nothing nice for him. Right now, I hope ... I do not want to say it.
 




<< Home
A little brooding here, a bit of pondering there, helpings of humour, sprinklings of tears, now celebrating, now lamenting, all done under the watchful eyes of Hope, all endured in the hope of staying human.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Irritating and proud of it.

Archives
2004-06 / 2004-07 / 2004-08 / 2004-09 / 2004-10 / 2004-11 / 2004-12 / 2005-01 / 2005-02 / 2005-03 / 2005-04 / 2005-05 / 2005-06 / 2005-07 / 2005-08 / 2006-01 / 2006-04 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]