knicq
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
  Oh, Mama.
What started as a possible cold Sunday morning developed into a full blown throat infection by the night, leading to a handsome fever by Monday morning, which metamorphed into a dry cough before the sun departed...*coughs.

So, here I sit with a stuffy nose, watery eyes, a hoarse voice (more than ever), a spinning head, and a general feeling that the world is coming to an end. Walda has always maintained that I enjoy being ill, and hence the center of attention. I am pretty sure about the latter part, but I have my reservations about former. Wifey agrees and differs respectively with Walda and me. What I did enjoy in the good old days was the fact that I got to miss school and watch cartoons during the day, and not do any homework in the evening. Its much the same today. I got a chance to skip work, legally this time, and nothing is more fun these days than NOT going to work. I did not have to run along for any groceries, and I got to watch my favorite programs too. There's a long list of pending jobs to be taken care of though, a list that runs something like this:

*Coughs*

But, right now, I have got weather all over me, and I am just soo under it. No offence to wifey who has been at one's beck and call despite her own poor health, but getting sick was fun when one was younger, and one had one's Walda tending to one's whims, without remarking what a baby one was...Oh, Mama.

*Coughs and Coughs*
 




<< Home
A little brooding here, a bit of pondering there, helpings of humour, sprinklings of tears, now celebrating, now lamenting, all done under the watchful eyes of Hope, all endured in the hope of staying human.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Irritating and proud of it.

Archives
2004-06 / 2004-07 / 2004-08 / 2004-09 / 2004-10 / 2004-11 / 2004-12 / 2005-01 / 2005-02 / 2005-03 / 2005-04 / 2005-05 / 2005-06 / 2005-07 / 2005-08 / 2006-01 / 2006-04 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]